March, 05 of 2024

 I left São Lourenço around 03:40, approximately, and we arrived home around 5:45...

 

The day started with two meetings... AI Meetup and Openshift Monitoring. They involved me in AI-related events just because I shared a link, another day, in the company's AI channel, about AWS AI solutions 🤦


After that, I've created the Bake&Sign key for the agents in Pedemontana.
I also joined a brief meeting in Egypt regarding monitoring another instance, on another server, as far as I understood, to see if it's possible and what would be needed.


I responded that there are two ways we could perform this monitoring:

I was thinking here that might be two possibilities for yours needing.

  1. You want to monitor all the services as from the main database (EMMOHPRD) + the specific query

      In this case we need this grant to this role for the user:

      GRANT select_catalog_role TO <username>;

      And, of course, the connection string (Host, port, SID...)

    2. If you just need to monitor a query (as we do for XH Application) is even easier. We will just need the connection string and credentials you use to connect there. Of course, among with this, the statement to be monitored and the results thresholds. 

One thing that has been annoying me a lot is that when I'm connected to the Italy OpenVPN, I constantly lose the connection...


And there's a delay in sending messages on Teams.



Yesterday, I received a call from Accerte, a database consultancy that DGS is considering to perform database services in Brazil (R&D and Services). I couldn't answer their questions since it's been a long time since I've been involved with what is developed here in Brazil.

  1. What is the Database version?
  2. What Licensing is used, Standard or EE?
  3. Number of Users?
  4. Database Size? Do you only have the DGS base?
  5. Do you have DG (DataGuard)? Test environment?

I talked to Leilinha and we forwarded these questions to the current contractor for these services. I'm not sure if it will work out well. The infrastructure of a software development house is very different from a business where IT is not the main focus. Typically, in a non-IT company, like a hospital, you have 3 database instances (Production, Testing, and maybe QA). In a software development company, you have 30, 40, 50 instances on various servers. Development instances, testing instances, support instances, etc... So the pricing model is very different.

There was another presentation/meeting about Performance Management. I believe mine is within the deadline and standards, with no pending issues. I'll confirm that later...


I left and went to bed very early... I was very sleepy because I woke up at 3:00 in the morning to return to Jampa.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

CPF pra Estelionatário Ver!

Data Protector Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager)

Puff Power Daneryes