And if there was Black Metal bands 5.000 years ago?

 
"There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering,[a] anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord" Dt. 18, 10 - 12
Black Metal bands probably would have all of its components burned and stoned (not necessarily in this order) in those times, 5.000 years ago. With its lyrics full filed with death, witchcraft, references to ancient satanic rituals and demons, those bands become easy targets of religious fanatic or simply unenlightened people, who believe that the mere fact that you wear a shirt of any of these bands and listen to their music turns you into a follower of Lucifer. Okay that early black metal was part of a movement against Christianity, often encouraging followers to literally burn churches. But particularly I listen black metal as well as other types and rock bands and doesn't mean that I'm a worshiper of the devil and make sacrifices with newborns on the Sabbath.
Even recently, I found a band that seems to be little known here in Recife, and why not say here in Brazil: Acid Witch. The band is from Detroit and brings a sound that differs from the traditional riffs of the Black Sabbath. They even use a keyboard in many songs (very unusual for black metal). All production is done by members of the band, bringing back that old underground attitude is missing nowadays. And I found the keyboards very cool.
I also found a very cool Metal website (Black Metal, Death, Classicals, etc...). You can find (and download) a lot of good stuff there, like Sacrificia Mortuorum (France), Nartvind (Belgium), Dauden I Mørke (USA), Ghremdrakk (Belgium), Darkspace (Switzerland), Akerbeltz (Spain), Vomitor (Autralia), besides, of course, the Norwegian Immortal. I even found national stuffs like Catacumba, Hecate, Funeral WinterDust and Omfalos.
Another website which I indicate to buy t-shirts (and other stuffs) is Hell'sHeadbangers. I bought an Acid Witch t-shirt there, and it arrived a few days ago. Ok, it was two months later but it's acceptable, once the product comes from abroad and pass through a several of brazilian customhouse bureaucracy to arrive at my home. If you want something faster I suggest the RockStore with a nice variety of t-shirts or TudoRock with good prices.
I went to the old downtown (Recife Antigo) try to drink some beer, listening the good and old nordic metal, but I heard, and confirmed my suspicious, that the Bar do Metal (Bar of the Metal), in the Bom Jesus Lane, is closed. Now I'm looking for another similar place. A company partner told me that in Tomazina Street, after the Burburinho bar, they play metal in one of those bars. I went there one of these days but all the place was too obscure. I miss the Bar do Metal near the Ponte do Janga (Janga's Bridge)...

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

CPF pra Estelionatário Ver!

Data Protector Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager)

Puff Power Daneryes